Friday, September 26, 2008

UUUhhhhh, MCCAIN-FEINGOLD, MAYBE???

so, Katie Couric, the soft-ball lobbing tv journalist if ever there was one, asks Sarah Palin to provide a specific example of when McCain has pushed for more regulation in the last 26 years. and she says,

"I'll try to find some and bring them to you".

as opposed to mentioning that one bill that had a bigger impact than any other single thing that mccain has done in his entire career, and also happened to be one of the biggest reforms of campaign financing (via REGULATION) ever.

The best part about watching this video for me was, thinking back to 2002, the year that McCain-Feingold was made into a law, when I was but a sophomore in high school, working for Congresswoman Anna Eshoo (D-CA) on her student advisory board, writing a report on the bill. I knew more about McCain-Feingold in the year when I still wasn't allowed to have a boy in my room with the door closed, than Sarah Palin knows NOW. And I think my cat may have actually been to more states/countries than her. Okay that last part was an exaggeration, but it comes pretty close.

click HERE for the clip.

1 comment:

Power Up Love said...

The cat part made me laugh.