Friday, September 12, 2008

Man, this is the time.

So, I've been meaning to start blogging again. And Sarah Palin really inspired me to do so. Her cuckoo-ness lit a fire under my ass to add my 2 cents to the blogosphere. I hope this blog to eventually be a conglomeration of all of the pop-culture goings on that I chew on everyday, but for the next 8 weeks, it will most likely be centered on the Presidential scramble.

I am so scared. I was a Hillary-ite. I believed her to be extremely qualified, extremely smart, and ruthless enough in that Clinton way to get what needed to be done, accomplished. I guess I'm just a bit too cynical to have been able to jump on the Obama train from the start. I viewed him as incredibly inspiring, but I was never convinced that he knew all the dirty tricks that Clinton did. He may know them, but for the most part, he doesn't use them. And I thought that counted him out in the long run. For Democratic voters, it certainly didn't. But now we are 2 months out from the General Election, and those Independent voters will decide this election. Those are the voters who don't necessarily have policy loyalties. They will be voting based on the televised debates and the commercials that run in their respective states. We gotta' get 'em. It is thrilling to be a young person in this country at this moment, because finally my generation has moved beyond apathy. Bush did a bad enough job, that suddenly, we all give a shit. Which is effing awesome.

No comments: